Oral Appliances in Granada Hills
The misalignment of the jaw can cause terrible pain in your temporomandibular joints (TMJ) since they connect the lower jaw to the upper part of your skull. Such pain can extend to the ears, trigger pain in the muscles, and also cause headaches. The only remedy that can bring relief to sufferers of this ailment is the use of our oral appliances in Granada Hills. These are orthodontic appliances that are created to get rid of TMJ problems brought on by the misalignment of the jaw.
The temporomandibular joint is the joint at which the upper and lower jaws meet. When it goes out of alignment, it could result in stress on the muscles at that joint. A misaligned jaw or bite implies that your lower and upper teeth are askew in such a way that they do not connect in the right way. This, in turn, causes a lot of discomfort as a result of the pain. The misalignment of the jaw can also cause your teeth not to last as long as they naturally should.
Most of the time, when your jaw goes out of alignment, headaches and other body pains may be associated with the misaligned TMJ. Contact an orthodontist to take a look at your jaw. They will accurately assess your misaligned bite. If not discovered soon enough and appropriate measures put in place by the use of oral appliances, your teeth are in danger of wearing out very fast. You could end up losing them too soon.
Getting your misaligned bite fixed is not as expensive as you may think. Orthodontists and mouth specialists have developed in-office techniques that are also very cost-effective and helpful in correcting a patient’s bite. If the discomfort you are experiencing is minimal, it is your choice whether or not to live with it. If that ache or pain is triggered as a result of a misaligned jaw, your teeth are in danger of aging fast. Having an oral appliance at night would greatly decrease grinding and teeth wear.
It is not always difficult to tell if the discomfort you are experiencing is as a result of a misaligned bite even though the ailment is not a rare phenomenon. In fact, about 75% of adults are reported to have a misaligned bite, though in most cases, the sufferers are utterly oblivious to the fact that their bite is misaligned. The condition of a misaligned bite can persist and in the time, lead to the early wear and tear of your teeth. You may face this problem unless you use oral appliances.
Looking in the mirror and gazing at your bite will never show if your bite is aligned or misaligned. Even a professional dentist cannot merely see your jaw and say whether it is a misaligned or aligned bite. The use of special techniques is necessary to help determine whether you have the problem or not. If you do, our teeth specialists know the exact steps to take by using the oral appliances in Granada Hills that will set your temporomandibular joint straight again.
In conclusion, regular visits to the dentist should help in minimizing this problem. If you feel any pain in your jaw, no matter how slight, you should notify your dentist so that appropriate tests can be conducted to find out whether you are suffering from a misaligned bite or not.
- A dentist Granada Hills is focused on making sure that everyone has the best smile possible. However, a healthy mouth is one of the keys to a beautiful smile. There are a variety of services that can be used to improve your smile including full mouth rehabilitation in Granada Hills. It is also known as … Continue reading "How To Know If You’re A Good Candidate For A Full Mouth Rehabilitation"Read More »
- If you have ever considered getting composite fillings in Granada Hills, then there are a couple things you must know. Cavities are never fun, but with the help of a credible dentist skilled in composite fillers, you’ll be able to overcome the pain with no problem. How this treatment works is simple; the destroyed parts … Continue reading "How Long Do Composite Fillings Last?"Read More »
- Oral cancer is another type of cancer that is gaining in cases. Just as you would take proper preparation to protect against prostate cancer or breast cancer, you should do so with oral cancer screenings. If you’re not familiar with what these are, we’re going to go into some detail about the process so you … Continue reading "Why You Should Get an Oral Cancer Screening"Read More »
- Deciding Your Reason for Considering Veneers There are many reasons someone may opt to get porcelain veneers. Mostly, a person will want to brighten their smile. This could be because, over time, enamel on teeth may be worn to the point of a see-through appearance at the bottom cusps. Therefore, they are looking for a … Continue reading "Will Veneers Ruin My Natural Teeth?"Read More »
- A dentist Granada Hills may recommend scaling in order to prevent the gums and teeth from developing complications. It is often referred to as root planing. It involves removing plaque that is around the gum pockets. It also removes tartar from the gum line. What Complications Can Result From Scaling? Scaling has more risks than … Continue reading "Side Effects Of Teeth Scaling"Read More »