Dental Wax Mockups in Granada Hills
In dentistry, the idea of creating a picture of the result is an essential practice. This is the basis for which mock ups are essential. In the ordinary explanation, mock up is simply the process through which the expected end result of a dental restoration process can be assessed as well as communicated to allow the patient to make adjustable and satisfactory decisions on the type of smile they want to have.
Importance of Mock Up in Dental Restoration
During the dental restoration processes like porcelain veneers or tooth crown fixing, some irreversible alterations might be made to the surface of the patient’s tooth enamel. In order to ensure a satisfactory outcome in a restoration exercise, the patient is often subjected to what could be called a ‘smile exercise’ which will enable the dentist to observe the patient, design numerous patterns to best suit your smile as well as allow the patient to have an impression of what the outcome will look like. The following are reasons why a mock up exercise is necessary:
- It simulates and gives a clear impression of what is expected of the final outcome.
- According to patients’ desire, the outcome of a mock up exercise is temporal and subject to modifications.
- Due to the temporal and modifiable nature of mock up exercises, it can be repeated as many times as possible until it best suits the patient’s predetermined smile preference.
- Having a glimpse of what the outlook/result will be like helps to stimulate a sense of trust between the patient and their dentist.
- It also provides opportunity for the dentist to evaluate the patient's desires and change the treatment plan accordingly.
Steps Required in Mock Up Diagnosis
The dental wax mockups process in dental restoration is one that involves a series of examinations: both physiological and psychological in nature. To carry out a mock up diagnosis, it involves certain procedures which includes the following:
- The first step to take in a mock up exercise is an examination of the patient and a discussion of his/her aesthetic concern which enables the dentist to understand or get a glimpse of what the patient thinks is beautiful or desirable relating in a smile.
- With the help of pictures and a consultation with the patient, an impression of the teeth will be made with a cast fabricated. The dental technician is then informed of the required changes to be made on the cast.
- During changes, the dentist will work in partnership with the patient, they discuss the wax up and make necessary alterations until a desired form or pattern is attained.
- Once the desired result is achieved based on the patient's observation, a silicon index is then fabricated. A resin material is then placed in the index, which is subsequently transferred to be placed on the teeth. The wax up is copied to the teeth. Once the index is removed, the final outcome is shown.
- At completion, a photograph of the new look is presented to the patient to take home. In some other cases, patients can be allowed to take mock ups home and make a proper assessment of them over a little while before a final decision is taken.
It is however important to note that teeth need to be modified before the fabrication of the prosthesis. Mock ups cannot be used as a diagnostic procedure. In this case we can evaluate the final result of the treatment at the provisional stage, before the construction of the final work.
- A dentist Granada Hills is focused on making sure that everyone has the best smile possible. However, a healthy mouth is one of the keys to a beautiful smile. There are a variety of services that can be used to improve your smile including full mouth rehabilitation in Granada Hills. It is also known as … Continue reading "How To Know If You’re A Good Candidate For A Full Mouth Rehabilitation"Read More »
- If you have ever considered getting composite fillings in Granada Hills, then there are a couple things you must know. Cavities are never fun, but with the help of a credible dentist skilled in composite fillers, you’ll be able to overcome the pain with no problem. How this treatment works is simple; the destroyed parts … Continue reading "How Long Do Composite Fillings Last?"Read More »
- Oral cancer is another type of cancer that is gaining in cases. Just as you would take proper preparation to protect against prostate cancer or breast cancer, you should do so with oral cancer screenings. If you’re not familiar with what these are, we’re going to go into some detail about the process so you … Continue reading "Why You Should Get an Oral Cancer Screening"Read More »
- Deciding Your Reason for Considering Veneers There are many reasons someone may opt to get porcelain veneers. Mostly, a person will want to brighten their smile. This could be because, over time, enamel on teeth may be worn to the point of a see-through appearance at the bottom cusps. Therefore, they are looking for a … Continue reading "Will Veneers Ruin My Natural Teeth?"Read More »
- A dentist Granada Hills may recommend scaling in order to prevent the gums and teeth from developing complications. It is often referred to as root planing. It involves removing plaque that is around the gum pockets. It also removes tartar from the gum line. What Complications Can Result From Scaling? Scaling has more risks than … Continue reading "Side Effects Of Teeth Scaling"Read More »