Dental Bonding in Granada Hills
Bonding is a type of cosmetic solution applied to chipped, fractured, discoloured or simply a decaying tooth to restore a healthy look and provide a perfect smile. It is a type of tooth restoration procedures like crowns, porcelain veneers etc but unlike the latter, bonding does not require the use of anaesthetic as its often less discomforting and time effective.
Teeth Bonding Uses: Dental Bonding in Granada Hills
Bonding as a type of tooth restoration has several uses among which are:
- - Repair of decayed, chipped or cracked teeth.
- - To change the shape of teeth or even make it look longer.
- - To close gaps between teeth. - For better appearance to discolored teeth. - To serve as a cosmetic alternative to amalgam fillings.
- - To protect exposed teeth root caused as a result of gum recede.
Dental Bonding Procedures: Teeth Bonding in Granada Hills
Unlike porcelain veneers, dental bonding requires little or no preparation. Bonding can be classified into two major types which are direct composite bonding and adhesives bonding.
Direct composite bonding is the process through which tooth coloured composites are employed to fix cavities, repair cracks, close teeth gaps and as well build up teeth edges. Here, the bonding could be applied directly to the roughened surface and then scraped to act the role of a minimally pervasive smile make-over.
Adhesives bonding on its part is what is commonly used for aesthetic crowns, porcelain veneers etc. It is simply the process of attaching a restoration to the tooth. To perform this type of bonding; the dentist will choose a matching colour for the shade of the teeth, roughen and smoothen the teeth surface, apply a tooth coloured putty-like resin, smoothen and mould the applied resin to required shape and style, harden it with an ultraviolet curing light and then polish the surface to match the colour of the rest of the tooth surface.
Pros and Cons of Dental Bonding
Dental or teeth bonding as one might choose to call it is of a much and better alternative to other teeth care types like veneers and crowns. This is because unlike the latter, bonding requires little or no alteration to the original tooth enamel which means permanent loss to original teeth shape or form is avoidable. It is also time effective as bonding could be done in relatively lesser time when compared to other restorative processes like crown and veneer fixing. Unlike every other method, it is also more comforting and does not involve the use of anaesthetic during application.
Bonding unlike other restorative procedures is relatively weaker with lower resistance to stains and as well lacking in durability. Bonding only lasts a few years after which it will be subject to repair. It cannot be used for large cosmetic changes, provides temporal correction of cosmetic defects and suitable only in areas with low bite pressure such as the incisors.
Teeth Bonding in Granada Hills: Consultation
The choice of the bonding type is a function of suitability. Visit one of our certified dentists that can help with a professional and informed guide on which a bonding type (whether direct composite or adhesive bonding) is most suitable based on observation and experimentation.
Caring for Bonded Teeth
Routine brushing and flossing, regular check-ups as recommended by our dentist and avoidance of teeth contact with hard objects like beer covers, ice, bones etc are among the most effective ways to take good care of your bonded teeth just as it is to the original teeth.
Teeth Bonding Cost
Of the different tooth restoration procedures available, bonding is among the cheapest and cost-effective method to adopt. It saves not only money but also time.
- A dentist Granada Hills is focused on making sure that everyone has the best smile possible. However, a healthy mouth is one of the keys to a beautiful smile. There are a variety of services that can be used to improve your smile including full mouth rehabilitation in Granada Hills. It is also known as … Continue reading "How To Know If You’re A Good Candidate For A Full Mouth Rehabilitation"Read More »
- If you have ever considered getting composite fillings in Granada Hills, then there are a couple things you must know. Cavities are never fun, but with the help of a credible dentist skilled in composite fillers, you’ll be able to overcome the pain with no problem. How this treatment works is simple; the destroyed parts … Continue reading "How Long Do Composite Fillings Last?"Read More »
- Oral cancer is another type of cancer that is gaining in cases. Just as you would take proper preparation to protect against prostate cancer or breast cancer, you should do so with oral cancer screenings. If you’re not familiar with what these are, we’re going to go into some detail about the process so you … Continue reading "Why You Should Get an Oral Cancer Screening"Read More »
- Deciding Your Reason for Considering Veneers There are many reasons someone may opt to get porcelain veneers. Mostly, a person will want to brighten their smile. This could be because, over time, enamel on teeth may be worn to the point of a see-through appearance at the bottom cusps. Therefore, they are looking for a … Continue reading "Will Veneers Ruin My Natural Teeth?"Read More »
- A dentist Granada Hills may recommend scaling in order to prevent the gums and teeth from developing complications. It is often referred to as root planing. It involves removing plaque that is around the gum pockets. It also removes tartar from the gum line. What Complications Can Result From Scaling? Scaling has more risks than … Continue reading "Side Effects Of Teeth Scaling"Read More »