Teeth Extractions in Granada Hills
A beautiful set of teeth serves as a compliment to an individual's appearance and guarantees a healthy smile that promotes confidence.
Like every other part within the human body, the tooth is also not immune to dangers or damages such as decay, cracking, breakage etc. When these occur, restorative procedures such as porcelain veneers, crowns or fillings could be applied as treatments to restore the lost healthy appearance.
At times, tooth damage can be severe and nearly impossible to repair or restore, therefore, needing a complete removal otherwise known as extraction in the medical parlance. If a tooth is bothering you then visit us for teeth extractions in Granada Hills.
Tooth Removal Procedures
Teeth extractions in Granada Hills fall into two major types of extractions, simple extractions and surgical extractions.
A simple extraction is a tooth removing procedure that is often applicable to teeth that are visible in the mouth. To carry out this process, all the dentist needs to do is loosen the tooth with the help of an elevator and then remove it through the use of forceps.
Surgical extractions, unlike the simple extraction method, is more of a complex procedure employed for teeth not visible in the mouth, due to the fact of poor growth or breakage. To undergo this procedure, a surgical extraction involving a small incision into the gum must be completed in order to remove the damaged tooth.
Why Can’t a Tooth be Saved
A healthy, original and natural tooth is what every person desires regardless of age level and status. At infancy, one might be vulnerable to tooth removal as a result of weaker gums. The joy that subsequently comes with the growth of new teeth replacing the previous ones is however a clear indication that no one likes losing teeth.
However, certain circumstances can validate for teeth extraction or removal. Trauma, disease or crowding are some of the many reasons for which tooth extractions may become necessary. In case of extensive decay and/or severe accident, fillings and crowns may become unsuitable thereby making repair impossible through removal or extraction.
Reason for Surgical Extractions
Through x-ray examination, a dental health practitioner can simply tell which extraction type will best be suitable for the case at hand. While the simple extraction process might be required in cases when the tooth is visible when looking into the mouth, it could at times turn into a surgical matter if the tooth breaks during removal. Surgical extractions can also be necessary if the teeth did not erupt completely in the mouth, such as the infamous wisdom teeth. At other times, the bone around a tooth could become so dense, thereby resulting in the need for surgical treatment.
After extraction, whether surgical or simple, stitches in the gum are necessary, thereby resulting in pain for a few amount of time after extraction. The following are a few post-extraction instructions that could be of help:
- To stop bleeding, bite down on a gauze pad for 30 minutes after extraction might have taken place.
- Eat, drink and talk the least possible for about 2 hours after extraction.
- Drink plenty of lukewarm or cold liquids after the bleeding subsides to reduce swellings.
- Liquids and soft foods are advisable for the first post-extraction day.
- Don't rinse or brush your teeth for about 12 hours from time of extraction.
- Avoid the use of brush on or around surgical area.
- Use of pain medication should be strictly according to dentist prescription. In case of persistent pain or bleeding, also consult your dentist.
- A dentist Granada Hills is focused on making sure that everyone has the best smile possible. However, a healthy mouth is one of the keys to a beautiful smile. There are a variety of services that can be used to improve your smile including full mouth rehabilitation in Granada Hills. It is also known as … Continue reading "How To Know If You’re A Good Candidate For A Full Mouth Rehabilitation"Read More »
- If you have ever considered getting composite fillings in Granada Hills, then there are a couple things you must know. Cavities are never fun, but with the help of a credible dentist skilled in composite fillers, you’ll be able to overcome the pain with no problem. How this treatment works is simple; the destroyed parts … Continue reading "How Long Do Composite Fillings Last?"Read More »
- Oral cancer is another type of cancer that is gaining in cases. Just as you would take proper preparation to protect against prostate cancer or breast cancer, you should do so with oral cancer screenings. If you’re not familiar with what these are, we’re going to go into some detail about the process so you … Continue reading "Why You Should Get an Oral Cancer Screening"Read More »
- Deciding Your Reason for Considering Veneers There are many reasons someone may opt to get porcelain veneers. Mostly, a person will want to brighten their smile. This could be because, over time, enamel on teeth may be worn to the point of a see-through appearance at the bottom cusps. Therefore, they are looking for a … Continue reading "Will Veneers Ruin My Natural Teeth?"Read More »
- A dentist Granada Hills may recommend scaling in order to prevent the gums and teeth from developing complications. It is often referred to as root planing. It involves removing plaque that is around the gum pockets. It also removes tartar from the gum line. What Complications Can Result From Scaling? Scaling has more risks than … Continue reading "Side Effects Of Teeth Scaling"Read More »