Permanent Dentures in Granada Hills
Dentures are customized replacements for missing teeth and are detachable. You can remove them and fix them back in your mouth. Despite the fact that it takes a little time to become accustomed to using permanent dentures and will never feel the same way as having natural teeth, the latest dentures being used today look more natural and offer more comfort than ever. Going for good quality cheap dentures is now an option.
There are three major types of dentures: full, partial, and over-dentures. Your dentist will help you choose the kind of permanent dentures that are suitable for you. This is based on whether all or some of your teeth are going to be replaced. The cost involved will also need to be considered.
Our dentures in Granada Hills are usually custom-made for each user in a dental laboratory after impressions have been taken from the user’s mouth. Full dentures have an acrylic base that is flesh-colored and fits over the user’s gums. While the base of the upper denture conceals the roof of your mouth (i.e. the palate), the lower denture which is shaped like a horseshoe accommodates the tongue.
There are two types of full dentures: immediate full denture and conventional full denture.
- Immediate Full Denture – This type of denture is inserted as soon as the remaining teeth are removed. The only downside to using immediate full denture is that they must be relined after a few months and this is because the denture loosens as the bone supporting the teeth reshapes itself and heals. The benefit of using this type of denture is that you will never have to be without your teeth.
- Conventional Full Denture – This denture is inserted into your mouth after removing the remaining teeth. The underlying tissues have restored back to health. Healing may take up to several months. During this period you will be without your teeth. Partial dentures, on the other hand, are set on a metallic framework which can be fastened onto your natural teeth. At times, crowns need to be put in place on some of your natural teeth to serve as anchors for the false teeth. Partial dentures are the removable alternatives of bridges. Becoming accustomed to your new set of permanent dentures in Granada Hills may take a few weeks to some months during which you will feel uncomfortable. You will need to spend some time practicing how to speak and eat with dentures. Over the next few weeks, your tongue and the muscles of your cheeks will learn to accommodate and hold your dentures in place despite a loose feeling from time to time. You may also notice an excessive flow of saliva and minor soreness or irritation. If the irritation persists, consult your dentist. Over time, you may need to remake, reline or re-base your denture as a result of normal wear. Re-basing has to do with making a new base for the set of dentures you are currently using. Additionally, aging also causes the mouth to change thus making the dentures loose while chewing. It may become irritating and painful. This is why experts advise that you visit your dentist annually for a checkup.
- Over-Denture: These dentures are similar to full dentures but have a snap-on mechanism to keep them in place rather than the use of suction. This procedure may take a bit longer but is ultimately a lot better due to the locking aspect of it. They are removable as well and can be cared for like other dentures to maintain proper hygiene.
- - Overdentures fasten securely in place
- - Provide comfort and security knowing the denture won’t dislodge
- - Improve facial features and self-esteem
- - Restore a more secure biting ability than traditional removal dentures
- - Help preserve surrounding bone by replacing the tooth root
- - Help prevent bone loss and jaw line recession
Here are some tips for taking care of your dentures:
- Always stand over a cup of water when holding your dentures as they are very breakable if dropped suddenly
- Brush your dentures daily and thoroughly to get rid of plaque and food deposits. It also prevents your dentures from getting stained
- Never let your dentures become completely dry. Whenever you are not wearing them, always place them in a bowl of plain water or denture cleanser soaking solution
- Use a soft-bristled brush to clean your tongue, gums, and palate every morning before inserting your dentures. This is to aid circulation in your tissues and also helps get rid of plaque.
- In conclusion, seek the help of a dental implant expert instead of buying cheap dentures as it could do more harm than good to the overall health of your mouth.
- A dentist Granada Hills is focused on making sure that everyone has the best smile possible. However, a healthy mouth is one of the keys to a beautiful smile. There are a variety of services that can be used to improve your smile including full mouth rehabilitation in Granada Hills. It is also known as … Continue reading "How To Know If You’re A Good Candidate For A Full Mouth Rehabilitation"Read More »
- If you have ever considered getting composite fillings in Granada Hills, then there are a couple things you must know. Cavities are never fun, but with the help of a credible dentist skilled in composite fillers, you’ll be able to overcome the pain with no problem. How this treatment works is simple; the destroyed parts … Continue reading "How Long Do Composite Fillings Last?"Read More »
- Oral cancer is another type of cancer that is gaining in cases. Just as you would take proper preparation to protect against prostate cancer or breast cancer, you should do so with oral cancer screenings. If you’re not familiar with what these are, we’re going to go into some detail about the process so you … Continue reading "Why You Should Get an Oral Cancer Screening"Read More »
- Deciding Your Reason for Considering Veneers There are many reasons someone may opt to get porcelain veneers. Mostly, a person will want to brighten their smile. This could be because, over time, enamel on teeth may be worn to the point of a see-through appearance at the bottom cusps. Therefore, they are looking for a … Continue reading "Will Veneers Ruin My Natural Teeth?"Read More »
- A dentist Granada Hills may recommend scaling in order to prevent the gums and teeth from developing complications. It is often referred to as root planing. It involves removing plaque that is around the gum pockets. It also removes tartar from the gum line. What Complications Can Result From Scaling? Scaling has more risks than … Continue reading "Side Effects Of Teeth Scaling"Read More »