Toothache Treatment in Granada Hills
How Do You Self-Diagnose Dental Pain?
Until it gets to the stage of restiveness and absolute discomfort, no one can best identify an ache to the tooth better than the affected person. Such ache could include the following: -
- Intermittent Sharp ‘Jabbing’ Pains
- Sharp Tooth Sensitivity
- Dull Nagging Toothache
- Extreme Throbbing Pain
- Pain only when eating.
- Pain at the Back of the Jaw
However, gathering information about toothache will help enrich your understanding for better description when you finally approach a dentist for proper treatment.
Methods to Respond To Toothache
For intermittent aches which are inconsistent, there might not be an urgent need to consult a dentist for advice but in the case of persistent and intense ache, seeking dentist consultation, advice and treatment might be just the best and immediate step to take.
Pains associated with defects such as tooth decay is often common and easy to diagnose by a dentist. But detecting such defects as root infection is a bit more complicated, time consuming and trickery.
Different Diagnoses Techniques to Expect
The nature of sensitivity or pain experience determines the diagnoses method to employ. For conspicuous defect such as decay, what is required is mere observation while an x-ray will be employed to detect inner defects such as root infections.
Tests to diagnose the nature and extent of ache or sensitivity could include a biting pressure test, a cold air test, hot air test and several others.
The Most Common Diagnoses for Toothache
Outcome of observed cases has confirmed the following as the major causes of tooth ache: -
- Tooth decay otherwise known as cavity
- Inflammation of the pulp
- Cracks and fractures
- Impacted wisdom teeth
- Gum disease
- Sensitive teeth
- Other causes as a result of sinus infection or congestion from other parts of the body such as nose or ear or even the mouth itself.
This is a type of bacterial infection to the pulp of the tooth interior usually treated through the instrumentality of root canal.
Of all tooth infections, abscess is often the most painful and discomforting. It occurs only when the affected tissue had been left untreated for a bit long time. The extent of the pain caused by dental abscess often make it quite difficult to neglect or delay in its treatment.
It can however be cured through root canal which only requires making an opening in the tooth, remove the infected pulp and wash the inner tooth clean with and antibacterial substance, fill the opening back and put a crown on the affected tooth. If left untreated for a long time, an individual might stand the risk of complete extraction thereby loosing the original and natural tooth.
While you await dental attention or appointment, there are recommended first aid required to suppress the pain of dental abscess. Avoid taking very hot or cold drink/food, use some recommended pain killer and avoid overdose no matter the extent of pain or rather opt for anti-inflammatory drugs to sooth the tissue and nerves. If a painkiller doesn’t work, try out the oil of cloves. Brushing and flossing can also help relieve pain temporarily. But ultimately, seeking treatment from a dentist is the most enduring and advisable cure approach.
People at Increased Risk of Dental Problem
Cracks, fracture, cavities which are known dental problems are often associated with individuals with poor hygiene such as irregular brushing and flossing, fizzy drinks and sugary snacks or ailments such as diabetes.
- A dentist Granada Hills is focused on making sure that everyone has the best smile possible. However, a healthy mouth is one of the keys to a beautiful smile. There are a variety of services that can be used to improve your smile including full mouth rehabilitation in Granada Hills. It is also known as … Continue reading "How To Know If You’re A Good Candidate For A Full Mouth Rehabilitation"Read More »
- If you have ever considered getting composite fillings in Granada Hills, then there are a couple things you must know. Cavities are never fun, but with the help of a credible dentist skilled in composite fillers, you’ll be able to overcome the pain with no problem. How this treatment works is simple; the destroyed parts … Continue reading "How Long Do Composite Fillings Last?"Read More »
- Oral cancer is another type of cancer that is gaining in cases. Just as you would take proper preparation to protect against prostate cancer or breast cancer, you should do so with oral cancer screenings. If you’re not familiar with what these are, we’re going to go into some detail about the process so you … Continue reading "Why You Should Get an Oral Cancer Screening"Read More »
- Deciding Your Reason for Considering Veneers There are many reasons someone may opt to get porcelain veneers. Mostly, a person will want to brighten their smile. This could be because, over time, enamel on teeth may be worn to the point of a see-through appearance at the bottom cusps. Therefore, they are looking for a … Continue reading "Will Veneers Ruin My Natural Teeth?"Read More »
- A dentist Granada Hills may recommend scaling in order to prevent the gums and teeth from developing complications. It is often referred to as root planing. It involves removing plaque that is around the gum pockets. It also removes tartar from the gum line. What Complications Can Result From Scaling? Scaling has more risks than … Continue reading "Side Effects Of Teeth Scaling"Read More »