Porcelain Dentures in Granada Hills
Smiling is an essential part of a healthy life. A smile goes a long way when socializing with friends and family. A beautiful set of teeth is part of a healthy smile. This could be natural or with the help of a veneer.
A veneer is a thin layer of porcelain fixed over the teeth to recreate, perfect and prepare it for a healthy smile. The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD) simply defined a veneer as a "thin piece of porcelain used to re-create the natural look of teeth, while also providing strength and resilience comparable to natural tooth enamel." It presents a perfect way to correct undesirable tooth position, shape, size or color.
Porcelain Veneers in Granada Hills: Consultation
To get the best and most suitable porcelain veneer for your teeth, seeking guidance from a professional is the first important step to take. With the help of our dentist, you will get guidance on the most suitable porcelain to best suit your mouth.
To achieve your desired smile, your dentist might begin with a smile analysis in order to determine the required procedures toward the actualization of your ideal smile type. With a diagnostic mock-up, you can also try on veneers while your dentist creates a cosmetic imaging to show you a photo of how your new smile will look like.
The How’s and Why’s of Porcelain Veneers
To fix a porcelain veneer, a slight alteration to the original tooth enamel might be required. This will help create a strong bond that is essential for veneer function while at same time provides the desired aesthetic perfection. In situations of poor tooth color, bad shape and contours, fractured teeth, tooth gaps, poor teeth positioning as well as minor bite related issues which might prove very difficult to correct, the application of porcelain veneers is a perfect alternative. It corrects all teeth defects, protects from superficial stains and provides healthy looking teeth.
Minimal Prep or ‘No Prep’ Veneers
Application of porcelain veneers is of two major procedures depending on the nature of individuals involved. This is another reason why one of our dentists is often required. While some patients might require the traditional dental veneers or tooth bonding method to create the perfect smile they desire. For others, the minimal prep or no prep veneer is most suitable. The minimal prep or no prep veneer does not require the dentist to remove as much tooth material as required for the traditional dental veneers. Placement of no prep veneers is quicker and less discomforting when compared to its traditional counterpart.
The Benefits of Porcelain Veneers in Granada Hills
The use of porcelain veneers is of several benefits among which are:
As opposed to the use of porcelain crowns, fixing the veneer require a minimal alteration to the teeth.
It protects cigarette, tea and coffee stains.
It is a great way to create perfect whiteness to even the darkest part of the teeth.
It is a perfect material to fix bad teeth shape and positioning.
Potential Veneer Downsides
Porcelain veneers though essential to the creation of a perfect smile, unfortunately comes with its downsides. During fixing, alteration made to the tooth enamel can never be restored back to its original state. Fixing porcelain veneers is also time consuming. Removal of the thin layer of the enamel can also make you sensitive to hot or cold temperatures for a few days after which you will be okay.
Maintenance of Porcelain Veneers
Maintenance of porcelain veneers is as easy as maintaining your original teeth. Maintain regular brushing and flossing; avoid the use of teeth against hard substances such as beer caps, fingernails, ice chewing, etc. Regular follow-up visits to your dentist for proper observation and maintenance are vital. For those that tend to grind or clench their teeth, at night-time, bite guards might be a necessary artifact to protect veneers from destruction.
- A dentist Granada Hills is focused on making sure that everyone has the best smile possible. However, a healthy mouth is one of the keys to a beautiful smile. There are a variety of services that can be used to improve your smile including full mouth rehabilitation in Granada Hills. It is also known as … Continue reading "How To Know If You’re A Good Candidate For A Full Mouth Rehabilitation"Read More »
- If you have ever considered getting composite fillings in Granada Hills, then there are a couple things you must know. Cavities are never fun, but with the help of a credible dentist skilled in composite fillers, you’ll be able to overcome the pain with no problem. How this treatment works is simple; the destroyed parts … Continue reading "How Long Do Composite Fillings Last?"Read More »
- Oral cancer is another type of cancer that is gaining in cases. Just as you would take proper preparation to protect against prostate cancer or breast cancer, you should do so with oral cancer screenings. If you’re not familiar with what these are, we’re going to go into some detail about the process so you … Continue reading "Why You Should Get an Oral Cancer Screening"Read More »
- Deciding Your Reason for Considering Veneers There are many reasons someone may opt to get porcelain veneers. Mostly, a person will want to brighten their smile. This could be because, over time, enamel on teeth may be worn to the point of a see-through appearance at the bottom cusps. Therefore, they are looking for a … Continue reading "Will Veneers Ruin My Natural Teeth?"Read More »
- A dentist Granada Hills may recommend scaling in order to prevent the gums and teeth from developing complications. It is often referred to as root planing. It involves removing plaque that is around the gum pockets. It also removes tartar from the gum line. What Complications Can Result From Scaling? Scaling has more risks than … Continue reading "Side Effects Of Teeth Scaling"Read More »